Links - ResourcesProbe Resource Sites
Directions for running Probe on Linux as provided by Tom Wall:
Please note we are unable to provide support for this method or any other. You are on your own!
1) open a terminal and and use this to find your port info
dmesg | grep tty
I get this:
[ 0.110577] printk: console [tty0] enabled
[ 0.370421] 00:04: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A
[ 0.391961] 0000:00:16.3: ttyS4 at I/O 0x40a0 (irq = 17, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A
ttyS0 irq 4 is what I want so I use that info
if you have a USB serial port adapter you should have ttyUSB0 instead of ttyS0
use your info for steps 3 and 4
2) install latest version of Dosbox (currently 0.74-3)
3) add this line to dosbox.conf (located in .dosbox in your home folder)
serial1=directserial realport:ttyS0 irq:4
4) change permision on serial port, replace username with your user name
sudo chown username /dev/ttyS0
5) set serial port to 9600 baud
sudo stty -F /dev/ttyS0 9600
6) Optoscan test utilities can be found here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/rozzeuxi6tzj1hf/opto16.zip
open the test executable by right clicking and selecting "open with a Wine application".
If Dosbox is your only Wine app then it will open in Dosbox immediately.
If it's not the only one simply select Dosbox and it will start.
7) open probe.exe by right clicking and selecting "open with a Wine application".
If Dosbox is your only Wine app then Probe will open in Dosbox immediately.
If it's not the only one simply select Dosbox and Probe will start.
|© Copyright DataFile, Inc. 2005|